Thursday 10 January 2013

Training on the move...




This week I have been travelling quite a bit so have had to slot training around my various journeys…
Tuesday was a rest day, and I have to say I was in need of it and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I also managed to fit in a sports massage with Mark at the Reebok Club in Canary Wharf.  He found quite a few knots in my calf muscles, which explains why they were feeling a bit tight and giving me a couple of niggles.
As I was staying overnight in Canary Wharf I was up early and managed to fit in a quick 6 mile run from the Hilton Hotel in Docklands around the surround streets.  A pretty flat run, although I could feel my right calf where the Mark had been digging around trying to release some of the knots.  Overall the run felt OK!
Home on Tuesday night and then jumped on a plane from Birmingham to Glasgow at 06.50…after a full day in the office I slotted in a 1 hour cycle in the gym at the Hilton Glasgow.  I don’t why it is but the first 15 minutes felt pretty tough, then I got into the flow.  This was a steady pace cycle (110rpm at L8) for the first 20 mins then I completed some intervals with L18 / 20, some standing and sitting work with L8 rest periods.  Overall the cycle was pretty enjoyable with some Cricket and Football on the telly.
This morning (Wednesday) I was up early and fitted in an 8 mile run from the hotel, down and round Glasgow green a couple of times then a zig zag route back to the hotel, which for any of you who know Glasgow you’ll know you can slot in quite a few short, but very intense hills into this route.  This run felt like my best run this year.  The body was feeling good, I think the bowl of pasta I had as I was going to bed last night certainly helped with the energy.
The first half of the training week has been good and my body is adapting to the increased volume well.





Barclays offers wealth and investment management products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC. This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.
The availability of products and services may be limited by the applicable laws and regulations in certain jurisdictions. The Barclays Group does not normally accept or offer business instructions via internet email. Any action that you might take upon this message might be at your own risk.
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments.
Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or without viruses. The Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.
Any opinion or other information in this email or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group.
Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 1026167).
Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom.
Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.




No comments:

Post a Comment